Creative thinking is a process that can be learned, like any other. But the start point must be an understanding of the underlying nature of creativity. This online creativity course has been developed after working closely with hundreds of businesses and public sector organisations all over the world.
The course is aimed at anyone who wants to understand how creativity occurs in the workplace and wants to understand how the creative process works - so that they can work more effectively.
- Understand the concept of functional fixedness - the tendency to see things the way we usually see things - and what we need to do to create new perspectives and new ideas.
- Understand the relationship between creativity and innovation.
- Understand the stages of the creative process.
- Learn a simple model for when it is appropriate to be creative - and when it is not.
- Distinguish between logical and creative thinking.
- Discover the vital role of the language we use when creating ideas.
What You Will Learn
- Where ideas come from and why they don't always arrive 'to order'.
- How creative thinking dffers from logical thinking - and how both are essential for the generation of usable solutions and ideas.
- How to avoid wasting enormous amounts of time and effort, by ensuring that you solve the real problem.
- How the language you use can influence the quality of the ideas you produce.
- The importance of the right mindset.
By completing/passing this course, you will attain the certificate Illumine Certificate
At Illumine Ltd we pride ourselves on the quality and effectiveness of our training and consultancy. We value very highly the relationships we have with our clients and want to do everything we can to develop and sustain those relationships. With that in mind, we have established a simple set of terms and conditions in order to clarify the commercial aspects of those relationships.
Please take a moment to read these conditions and call us if you have any queries or feel that they are unreasonable. In the absence of such communication we will assume that you have accepted the conditions.
For all programmes the materials provided remain the intellectual property of Illumine E-Learning Ltd and its partners, who assert their right to worldwide copyright unless specifically agreed otherwise in writing.
llumine Ltd does not sell, trade or rent its data to any other organisations.
VAT will be charged at the prevailing rate.
These terms and conditions (published January 2017) supersede any previously published versions whether online or in print.
Overseas clients and other services provided by Illumine E-Learning Ltd may be liable to additional terms and conditions which are available on request.
Your cart is empty